So today, Tamara and I were roaming through the wonderful aisles of Walmart thinking about something to make as today’s meal. In the end, we thought up of a dessert. Yes, we have a mighty sweet tooth!
At first, we thought about making another salad for lunch, or some kind of dinner meal. But as we were cruising through the frozen food’s isle, we thought we’d go with more of a nice warm pork loin soup along with salad and a smoothie. So think about this: eating a delicious homemade warm soup, next to your salad and drinking a nice cool healthy drink now that warmer times are arriving.
1. This is what you will need:
-REAL sage leaves (FRESH)
2. This is how we do it…
- Take half a pound of pork loin, two celery sticks, 1/4 of an onion and cut them up into bite size cubes
- Combine into microwave bowl with a hand full of flour and mix it together
- Place into microwave for one minute
- Now remove this bowl from the microwave and set it a side
- Take a half of a sweet potato and peel it and cut into bite size cubes
- Put sweet potato in microwave for 3 minutes
- Take sweet potato out and mix it in with the celery, onions and meat
- Add 1/4 of a cup of apple juice, 1/4 of a cup of cranberry juice, ½ cup of chicken broth , 1 cup of water
- Take you sage leaves, around four leaves, and cut them up into tiny pieces with your fingers and add to the mix
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt and 5 shakes of pepper and mix it together and throw into the microwave for 5-6 minutes or until it’s hot
Remember the salad we made? Add that in next to your soup meal but minus the chicken.
-Freeze a batch of Kool-Aid
-Take it out and add it into your cup and mash it up
-And finally, add in frozen cut up strawberries.
Well, now that your daily meal is complete, make sure to enjoy it and share the recipe with anyone you please!
And, yes, Tamara and I are also counting down the days for spring vacation. It’s now four days away filled with exams, presentations and papers, but after this week it’ll all go smoother. With that said, stay alive, look in the bright side and don’t forget to try out our new recipes for yourselves!
Also, remember to feel free to email me at email@example.com for any great recipe ideas. Tamara and I would be happy to test them out and share them with the Siena Community.
Have a great week and enjoy you vacation time you guys!
By: Kimberley Hernandez, and Tamara Euler