Our chef, Tamara (Kim’s roommate) decided to go her own way and make up an original recipe of her own. Call it an experiment, if you will.
This is what you’ll need:
-Thin Boneless Pork-loin – 1 packet serves two people – $4.60 Price Chopper
-Videllia Onions $1
-Potatoes or sweet potatoes .99
-Bull’s eye hickory smoked BBQ sauce $1.50
-Birds Eye steamed fresh frozen vegetables- baby potato blend
-Dot of sangria for 21+
- *you don’t have to buy potatoes because the vegetables packet already includes it*
Here is how you do it:
First – The Meat
- Take the onions and slice them up into tiny thin layers and place them on the bottom of a large microwavable pot.
- Place 5 boneless pork-loin slices on top of the onions. Make sure the pork does not overlap with each other, just lay them flat.
- Peal one orange and divide it in half. After pealing, rub one half of the orange on the meat squeezing the juices out. Discard that half and take the other half and rip the pieces of the orange and scatter them around the meat.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over the meat.
- Take your Bull’s eye hickory smoked BBQ sauce and drizzle on top (about a 1/3 of the bottle depending on how much BBQ you prefer).
- Sprinkle some more onions on top and add some pepper to the amount that you desire.
- Take around a handful and a half of pineapple chunks. This will give your meat a bit of a sweet taste.
- To give your dish a festive twist add a drop of sangria and spread it around with a spoon (21 or older).
- Now cover the pot and place it in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Take out the dish and let the meat rest.
Second – The potatoes/ sweet potatoes
- While the meat is out take the potatoes and puncture the skin with a fork. You must do this multiple times all over the surface which would avoid the potato from exploding.
- Put one potato in for 11 minutes.
- Go back to the meat and make slight incisions to the outer layer to make sure the inside is cooked. If it needs more time place the pot in the microwave for 5 extra minutes after the potatoes are done.
- After 5 minutes, take the dish out and check if its done.
- Take your Birds Eye steamed fresh frozen vegetables (or the vegetable of your choosing) and place in the microwave for the amount it requires.
- While the vegetables are cooking begin setting your plate. Put the meat on your plate along with your potatoes to the position of your liking.
- Finally, take your plate with the meat and vegetables and place it in the microwave for an extra 2 minutes. This will allow your plate to be nice and warm for when you add the vegetables. Let set for one minute after cooking to rest the meat (this will allow the juices to flow back inside the meat).
*If you decide to make mashed potatoes rather than sweet potatoes, place the potato in the microwave for 11 minutes after puncturing them with a fork. Take the potato out and skin it. In this case, we mashed the potato with a fork. In order to get a nice white-ish coat, add a bit less than a half a cup of milk and some butter. Adding these two ingredients will add a nice soft white-ish tone and an amazing flavor!
- Voila! Your meal is complete!
If you ask me, trying something new is always the way to go. In this recipe, we tried to incorporate new and original recipes normally not used to season pork. So, if you happen to forget about Valentines day, or simply want to surprise your loved one with a meal, this is definitely one way to go.
Surprise your loved one with tender juicy meal prepared in a matter of minutes and for only less that $12 for two people. Also, most of these ingredients were found in our local Wal-mart or Price Chopper store, and even in our own C-store or in Saga, which is a great deal of money saving.
Remember, feel free to email me at email@example.com for any great recipe ideas. Tamara and I would be happy to test them out and share them with the Siena Community.
So have fun be safe and enjoy the break!
Meals you can make out of our instructions:
-Sweet Potato plate with mixed vegetables and pork
-Potato plate with broccoli and pork mixed with mozzarella cheese and extra pepper.